The PEV series of electronic modulating valves provide enhanced control for industrial refrigeration systems.
The PEV provides precise control of flow for liquid level, expansion, superheat, and temperature control applications. The stainless steel construction helps overcome corrosion problems encountered in harsh environments. The valve’s weld-in feature design reduces potential for connection leaks. This design has a higher working pressure, a greater working temperature range and higher flow capacities than competitive products. These valves provide long-term performance with replaceable internal components.
• Industrial Refrigeration
• Commercial Refrigeration
Features and Benefits:
• Suitable for ammonia, CO2, R-134a, R-404a, R-410a and other common refrigerants
• Stainless steel construction increases product life cycle
• Lightweight construction
• Cartridge based design simplifies service and eliminates body wear
• Interchangeable with other P-Series offerings
• Works with any 4-20 mA controller
• Bright LED Display
• Password protection prevents tampering
• Alarm notification
• IP67/NEMA 6 rated
• Parker Backup Module (PBM) available
Function and Design:
• The Parker Electronic Valve (PEV) is an electronically controlled valve that modulates the flow of refrigerant in industrial refrigeration applications. Common applications include those where load fluctuations are great such as chilling and cooling applications and where precise control over temperature or humidity is important. The PEV consists of two major components; the electronic actuator and the sealed valve body.
• The actuator is contained in an IP67 (NEMA 6) housing. The valve body is made entirely from stainless steel, designed to resist corrosion, and work in a variety of industrial refrigeration applications. The PEV is powered by 24 VDC and accepts a 4-20 mA control signal. The PEV will modulate the flow of refrigerant by opening and closing based on the control signal input. The actuator is automatically calibrated when power is established. When the 4-20 mA signal comes back in range after being out of range, or when manually requested by the user. At 4 mA the valve will be closed, and at 20 mA the valve will be 100% open, unless the direction has been reversed at the time of setup.
• The PEV is available with an optional Parker Backup Module (PBM) that will place the valve in a user-defined position in the event of a power loss. After the calibration cycle, the PEV actuator will position the valve based on the control signal input.
• The PEV valve is comprised of a stainless steel 52 bar (754 psi) rated housing. The PEV valve is modulated by means of a magnetic coupling. The magnetic coupling drives a screw mechanism which opens and closes the valve plug.
• Industrial Refrigeration
• Liquid Level Control
• Expansion Control
• Superheat Control
• Temperature Control
MAXIMUM RATED PRESSURE (BAR)
MAXIMUM RATED PRESSURE (PSIG)
MINIMUM LIQUID TEMPERATURE (C)
MINIMUM LIQUID TEMPERATURE (F)
MAXIMUM LIQUID TEMPERATURE (C)
MAXIMUM LIQUID TEMPERATURE (F)
MINIMUM AMBIENT TEMPERATURE (C)
MINIMUM AMBIENT TEMPERATURE (F)
MAXIMUM AMBIENT TEMPERATURE (C)
MAXIMUM AMBIENT TEMPERATURE (F)
MAXIMUM OPERATING PRESSURE (BAR)
MAXIMUM OPERATING PRESSURE (PSIG)
24 VDC @ 1.3 Amp
IP67 / NEMA 6
PORT SIZE (MM)
PORT SIZE (INCH)
Expansion Plug, Standard Plug, 50% Reduced Plug
FLOW COEFFICIENT (CV)
5 Cv to 13 Cv
Butt Weld DN, Socket Weld, Butt Weld ANSI
CONNECTION SIZE (MM)CONNECTION SIZE (INCH)
Not Applicable or 3/4″‘ to 1-1/4″