The A9 has a unique design allows the commercial pressure regulator to be soldered into the line without disassembly, yet allows disassembly of the valve for cleaning and maintenance without removing the regulator from line.
This regulator is normally furnished as A9E externally equalized. The pressure being controlled is that pressure at the external equalizer connection. In many applications where it is acceptable to control the pressure at the outlet of the regulator, an internally equalized regulator should be used. In this instance, the A9 should be ordered. For pump‑down control the regulator must be electrically shut off.
Specify A9S or A9SE “with pilot electric shut‑off” and specify voltage and frequency. Alternately, a separate full size solenoid valve can be used upstream of the regulator for shut‑off.
NOTE: A9E or A9SE cannot be converted to A9 or A9S without replacing the #22 adapter.
• Commercial Refrigeration
Features and Benefits:
• Controls outlet pressure at sensing point
• Pilot operated for close regulation
• Few sizes cover entire capacity range
• External or internal equalizer
• Available with integral electric shut‑off
• Tight seating ‑ simple adjustment
• Sweat end design solders into line without disassembly
• Cleanable in line ‑ Nominal capacities 1.3 to 24 tons
• CSA certified (A9S and A9SE types only)
• UL listed
• 27.5 bar (400 psig) maximum rated pressure (MRP)
• Adjustment range: Range A = 250mm hg to 8.2 bar (10” hg to
• 120 psig); Range B = 5.5 to 15.1 bar (80 to 220 psig)
• Minimum pressure drop to open valve completely: 0.67 bar(10 psi)
• Maximum pressure change from valve closed to completely open: 0.34 bar (5 psi)
• Temperature range: ‑45°C to 93°C (‑50°F to 200°F)
• These Regulators modulate the flow of refrigerant gas to maintain a nearly constant pressure at the sensing point at the outlet or at a remote point (A9E) of the regulator.
• These regulators allow loading of the system to eliminate short cycling of the compressors, provide required humidity control, and proper oil return.
• Booster suction control to prevent deep vacuum
• Air cooled condenser control
• Hot gas defrost control
• Liquid pressure control